This post is about YOU. I would love to hear what you think about author websites. Questions.
1. Do you believe the author's website reflects upon the author him/herself?
2. Does the appearance of the website influence, perhaps even subconsciously, your judgment regarding how successful the author is? A professional website = successful; a sorta-professional website = doing well; a do-it-yourself website (if the author isn't exceptional at the art) = doing okay? Or does the site not influence you at all?
3. How important is an updated site to you? How often do you think it should be updated?
4. What kind of information do you like to find on an author's website?
5. Do you think the author should have his/her website re-designed every so often to keep it fresh?
6. Any pet peeves when you visit an author's site? (Mine are music and making the cursor into something like a ladybug. :P)
EDITED to Add:
7. Is download time an issue? Having to wait for graphics to load, etc.
*Everyone* please jump in. Readers, Editors, Agents, Booksellers, and FFF authors!
Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!